Online Documentation for SQL Manager for SQL server
Using Navigation bar and Toolbars
The Navigation bar and Toolbars provide quick access to tools implemented in Visual Database Designer.
The Navigation bar of Visual Database Designer allows you to:
select a database for building the diagram
edit diagram options
restore the default size and position of the window
refresh objects in the diagram
search for objects in the diagram using the Database Objects pane
add objects to the diagram using the Database Objects pane
The Toolbars of Visual Database Designer provide quick access to most tools for working with diagrams.
To enable the toolbars, open the Environment Options dialog, proceed to the Windows section there and select Toolbar (if you need the toolbars only) or Both (if you need both the toolbars and the Navigation bar) in the Bar style for child forms group.
The main toolbar (by default, the toolbar is located at the top of the diagram area) contains a number of tools (including items of the Navigation bar, context menu, tools for printing diagram, etc.) allowing you to:
- select the database for building the diagram;
- create a new diagram;
- open an existing diagram;
- save the current diagram to a *.msd file;
- save the current diagram as an image;
- activate the Incremental search panel;
- adjust diagram zoom for optimal representation: zoom in, zoom out, fit model;
- switch cursor mode: select / select rectangle to fit;
- open the Print Setup dialog;
- print the diagram;
- show Print Preview;
- arrange objects in the diagram;
- extract metadata of all objects in the diagram and load the script to Execute Script;
- perform Reverse Engineering;
- refresh objects in the diagram;
- view/edit diagram options;
- specify a predefined zoom value;
- restore the default size and position of the window.
The Pages toolbar (by default, the toolbar is located at the top of the diagram area) contains tools for working with diagram pages allowing you to:
- add a new page;
- delete the current page;
- delete all pages.
The Alignment Palette (by default, the toolbar is located on the left side of the diagram area) allows you to:
- align left/right edges of selected objects;
- align tops/bottoms of selected objects;
- align horizontal/vertical centers of selected objects;
- space selected objects equally horizontal/vertical.
The New object toolbar (by default, the toolbar is located on the left side of the diagram area) allows you to:
- set the cursor mode to Select;
- create a new object (table, view, function, procedure or comment);
- create a new relation.