Online Documentation for SQL Manager for PostgreSQL
Create a database
To create a database on the registered server perform the following operations:
- Launch the Create Database wizard by selecting Database | Create Database main menu item.
- On the first step specify a name for a newly created database.
- On the second step set the necessary connection properties for the database being created. Use the corresponding boxes and options: Host name, Port, User name and Password. If needed you can set Tunneling parameters as well.
- If you want your newly created database to contain data of another database then select it from the Template drop-down list situated on the Setting advanced database properties step. There you can also specify such properties as Encoding, Owner, Default tablespace and Connection limit.
- On the last step view the result SQL statement. If you have checked the Register After Creating box on the first step of the wizard then the Database Registration Info dialog will appear after creating a new database.