Online Documentation for SQL Manager for SQL server
Database and Server Objects Management
SQL Manager for SQL Server provides powerful tools to manage database and server objects.
To obtain detailed information concerning SQL Server database and objects, refer to the official Microsoft® SQL Server™ documentation.
Note: Before working with database and objects in SQL Manager for SQL Server you should connect to the database first.
Creating Database and Server Objects
To create a database or server objects:
- select the Database | New Object... main menu item;
- define whether to Create Database Object or Create Server Object;
- select the type of object within the New Object dialog;
- follow the steps of the wizard which guides you through the entire process of creating the object, or set the object properties using its editor - depending on the selected object type.
Note that you can also create a database object by selecting the appropriate context menu item of the DB Explorer tree or using the Ctrl+N shortcut.
Editing Database and Server Objects
To edit a database or server object:
- select the database object in the DB Explorer tree;
- right-click the object to call its context menu and select the Edit <object type> <object name> context menu item, or double-click the object to open it in its editor.
Renaming Database and Server Objects
To rename a database or server object:
- select the object to rename in the DB Explorer tree;
- right-click the object and select the Rename <object type> <object name>... item from the context menu;
- edit the object name using the Rename Object... dialog.
Note: This operation is possible for all objects except for schemas, XML Schema Collections, Assemblies, Certificates, Asymmetric Keys, Symmetric Keys, Full-Text Catalogs.
Dropping Database and Server Objects
To drop a database or server object:
- select the database or server object in the DB Explorer tree;
- right-click the object to call its context menu and select the Drop <object type> <object name> context menu item;
- confirm dropping in the dialog window.
When using an object editor, you can benefit from tabs. To switch between tab views, click on their respective tabs at the top of the main editor window. You can do it at any time, since the tab views are absolutely independent.
To compile a newly created or edited object, you can use the Compile item available within the Navigation bar or Toolbar of the object editor.