Online Documentation for Data Export for MySQL
EMS Data Export FAQ
Please read this page attentively if you have questions about Data Export for MySQL.
- What is EMS Data Export for MySQL?
- What do I need to start working with EMS Data Export for MySQL?
- What is the difference between the Export feature of SQL Manager for MySQL and the Data Export for MySQL standalone utility?
- Are there any limitations implied in the trial version as compared with the full one?
- What is the easiest way to configure the template files for the Data Export console application?
A: EMS Data Export for MySQL is a powerful program to export your data quickly from MySQL databases to any of 20 available formats, including MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word (RTF), HTML, XML, PDF, TXT, CSV, DBF and others. Data Export for MySQL includes a wizard which allows you to set export options for each table visually (destination file name, exported fields, data formats, and much more) and a command-line utility to export data from tables and queries in one-touch.
A: First of all, you must have a possibility to connect to some local or remote MySQL server to work with Data Export. You can download MySQL database server from http://www.mysql.org/downloads/. Besides, you need your workstation to satisfy the system requirements for Data Export for MySQL.
A: First of all, Data Export for MySQL works faster as it is a considerably lighter application. Besides, it provides additional features for query building, namely:
- export data from several tables simultaneously;
- export data from tables and queries selected from different databases;
- the command-line version of the utility to export data using the configuration (template) file with all export settings.
A: Actually the trial version of the utility only allows you to export 20% of records at a time. In spite of this limitation, you can test all the features implemented in Data Export for MySQL within the 30-day trial period.
A: You can configure the template files for each table visually using the Data Export Wizard application. Set the required export options and select the Tools | Save Template menu item on Step 8 or Step 9 of the wizard. All the options will be saved to the template file which can be used by the console application.
If you still have any questions, contact us at Support Center.