Online Documentation for SQL Manager for MySQL
Working with SQL Script editor area
The Editor area of SQL Script is provided for efficient working with SQL scripts in text mode.
For your convenience the syntax highlight, code completion and a number of other features for efficient SQL editing are implemented:
- using object links allowing you to open the object in the associated editor;
- ability to display line numbers;
- code folding for statements and clauses;
- customizable margins and gutters;
- formatting code for better representation
The context menu of SQL Script Editor area contains execution commands, most of the standard text-processing functions (Cut, Copy, Paste, Select All), spelling checking and functions for working with the script as a whole, e.g. you can enable/disable parsing, toggle bookmarks and comments, move the cursor to a particular line, change the case of selected text, load/save the content from/to a file or save as a favorite query, configure the editor using the Properties item or preview/print the text of the script. Most of these operations can be also performed with the corresponding hot keys used.