Online Documentation for SQL Query for InterBase/FireBird
EMS SQL Query FAQ
Please read this page attentively if you have questions about SQL Query for Interbase/Firebird.
- What is EMS Query for InterBase/Firebird?
- What do I need to start working with EMS Query for InterBase/Firebird?
- What is the difference between the Query Builder module in SQL Manager for InterBase/Firebird and the standalone SQL Query application?
- Are there any limitations implied in the trial version as compared with the full one?
- I cannot figure out how I can use the Export dataset function. Why I press the Export Data toolbar button, nothing happens.
A: EMS SQL Query for Interbase/Firebird is a utility that lets you quickly and simply build SQL queries to Interbase/Firebird databases. Visual building as well as direct editing of a query text are available. User-friendly graphical interface allows you to connect to databases, select tables and fields for a query, set the selection criteria and much more. You can work with several queries at once, edit queries and view the execution results in one of the available modes and perform any other operations you may need in your work with database queries.
A: First of all, you must have a possibility to connect to some local or remote Interbase/Firebird server to work withSQL Query. You can download Interbase/Firebird database server from http://www.codegear.com/interbase (the latest commercial version of InterBase server) or Firebird client and server from http://www.firebirdsql.org (download is free). Besides, you need your workstation to satisfy the system requirements of SQL Query for Interbase/Firebird.
A: First of all, SQL Query for Interbase/Firebird works faster as it is a considerably lighter application. Besides, it provides additional features for query building, namely:
- "favorite" queries to find and execute often used queries quickly;
- saving query history which allows you to rollback to any of the previous queries;
- various interface improvements for easier and more productive work.
A: Actually the trial version of the utility does not differ from the full version as far as the functionality is concerned. That is, you can test all the features implemented in SQL Query for Interbase/Firebird within the 30-day trial period.
A: Please make sure that you have the latest version of EMS Data Export for Interbase/Firebird installed on your system. Note that the export utility should be registered and run at least once before you use the Exporting results function.
If you still have any questions, contact us at our Support Center.