Online Documentation for SQL Manager for Oracle
A User is an account through which one can login to the database.
To create a new user:
- select the Database | New Object... main menu item;
- select User in the Create New Object dialog;
- define user properties using the appropriate tabs of User Editor.
To create a new user with the same properties as one of existing users has:
- select the Database | Duplicate Object... main menu item;
- follow the instructions of Duplicate Object Wizard.
Alternatively, you can right-click a user in the DB Explorer tree and select the Duplicate User <user_name>... context menu item.
Duplicate Object Wizard allows you to select the database to create a new user in, and to edit the result SQL statement for creating the user.
- select the user for editing in the DB Explorer tree (type the first letters of the user name for quick search);
- right-click the object and select the Edit User <user_name> context menu item, or simply double-click the user;
- edit user properties using the appropriate tabs of User Editor.
- select the user to drop in the DB Explorer tree;
- right-click the object and select the Drop User <user_name>... context menu item;
- confirm dropping in the dialog window.
Note: If more convenient, you can also use the following shortcuts:
Ctrl+N to create a new user;
Ctrl+O to edit the selected user;
Shift+Del to drop the object from the database.