Online Documentation for SQL Manager for InterBase/Firebird
Using Navigation bar and Toolbars
The Navigation bar and Toolbars provide quick access to tools implemented in Database Designer.
The Navigation bar of Database Designer allows you to:
select a database for building the diagram
edit diagram options
restore the default size and position of the window
refresh objects in the diagram
add a new page
delete the current page
delete all pages
set printing options using the Print Setup dialog
preview the diagram
print the diagram
The Toolbars of Database Designer provide quick access to most tools for working with diagrams.
To enable the toolbars, open the Environment Options dialog, proceed to the Windows section there and select Toolbar (if you need the toolbars only) or Both (if you need both the toolbars and the Navigation bar) in the Bar style for child forms group.
The main toolbar (by default, the toolbar is located at the top of the diagram area) contains a number of tools (including items of the Navigation bar, context menu, tools for printing diagram, etc.) allowing you to:
- select the database for building the diagram;
- create a new diagram;
- open an existing diagram;
- save the current diagram to a *.ibd file;
- save the current diagram as an image;
- adjust diagram zoom for optimal representation: zoom in, zoom out;
- open the Print Setup dialog;
- print the diagram;
- show Print Preview;
- arrange objects in the diagram;
- extract metadata of all objects in the diagram and load the script to Execute Script Editor;
- perform Reverse Engineering;
- refresh objects in the diagram;
- view/edit diagram options;
- specify a predefined zoom value;
- restore the default size and position of the window.
The Pages toolbar (by default, the toolbar is located at the top of the diagram area) contains tools for working with diagram pages allowing you to:
- add a new page;
- delete the current page;
- delete all pages.
- align left/right edges of selected objects;
- align tops/bottoms of selected objects;
- align horizontal/vertical centers of selected objects;
- space selected objects equally horizontal/vertical.
- set the cursor mode to Select;
- create a new object (a table, a view, or a comment);
- create a new relation.