Online Documentation for SQL Query for DB2
EMS SQL Query FAQ
Please read this page attentively if you have questions about SQL Query for DB2.
- What is EMS Query for DB2?
- What do I need to start working with EMS Query for DB2?
- Are there any limitations implied in the trial version as compared with the full one?
- I cannot figure out how I can use the Export dataset function. Why I press the Export Data toolbar button, nothing happens.
- When I try to connect to the database, I get the following error: "Can't load db2cli.dll". What is wrong here?
A: EMS SQL Query for DB2 is a utility that lets you quickly and simply build SQL queries to DB2 databases. Visual building as well as direct editing of a query text are available. User-friendly graphical interface allows you to connect to databases, select tables and fields for a query, set the selection criteria and much more. You can work with several queries at once, edit queries and view the execution results in one of the available modes and perform any other operations you may need in your work with database queries.
A: First of all, you must have a possibility to connect to some local or remote DB2 server to work withSQL Query. You can download DB2 database server from https://www.ibm.com/products/db2 (download is free). Besides, you need your workstation to satisfy the system requirements of SQL Query for DB2.
A: First of all, SQL Query for DB2 works faster as it is a considerably lighter application. Besides, it provides additional features for query building, namely:
- "favorite" queries to find and execute often used queries quickly;
- saving query history which allows you to rollback to any of the previous queries;
- various interface improvements for easier and more productive work.
A: Actually the trial version of the utility does not differ from the full version as far as the functionality is concerned. That is, you can test all the features implemented in SQL Query for DB2 within the 30-day trial period.
A: Please make sure that you have the latest version of EMS Data Export for DB2 installed on your system. Note that the export utility should be registered and run at least once before you use the Exporting results function.
A: For working with a remote DB2 server you need to have DB2 Client installed on your workstation. Obviously file db2cli.dll is missing or corrupted. Please make sure that the DB2 Client software is properly installed on your PC. Please note that SQL Query for DB2 can be only used to operate DB2 servers of the LuW family.
If you still have any questions, contact us at our Support Center.