Online Documentation for Data Pump for DB2
Using context menus
The context menus available at Step 6 provide additional functionality for working with the script. Find the description of context menu items below.
The context menu of the Script editor area contains most of the standard text-processing functions (Cut, Copy, Paste, Select All) and functions for working with the script as a whole, e.g. you can set a marker, move the cursor to a particular line, change case of selected text, etc. Most of these operations can be also performed with the corresponding hot keys used.
Implementation of the Find Text / Replace Text dialogs and Incremental search contributes to more efficient work with the SQL code.
The context menu allows you to:
- manage markers: Drop Marker, Collect Marker, Swap Marker;
- toggle bookmarks allowing you to navigate through the query text and jump to a line with a particular number;
- perform editing operations: Undo/Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Select all;
- perform search and replace operations;
- save/load a script to/from an external *.sql file;
- load SQL script from a fixed template (for details see Save template options);
- use the Quick Code group allowing you to toggle comments for code fragments, change case of the selected text, indent/unindent code lines.
You can also use the context menu of the Script execution information grid to:
- execute the currently selected SQL statement;
- clear successfully executed statements from the Script execution information list;
- select a statement in script editor;
- copy the error message (if any) to the clipboard.
<< Back to viewing/editing generated script