Editing ENUM and SET fields
Having specified the field name and type, you can proceed to setting options pertaining to fields of particular types.
ENUM is defined as a string object with a value chosen from a list of allowed values that are enumerated explicitly in the column specification at table creation time.
SET is defined as a string object that can have zero or more values, each of which must be chosen from a list of allowed values specified when the table is created.
When creating/editing a field of the ENUM or SET data type, you need to specify the list of values implied by these data types. The Values box allows you to define a set of necessary values. Click the ellipsis button at the right to create/edit the list of field values using the Values List dialog.
The Values List dialog allows you to create/edit the list of values for ENUM and SET fields.
To add a value to the value list:
- type the value to add in the Value box;
- click Add to add the value to the end of the list.
To remove a value from the value list:
- select the value to remove in the Values list box;
- click Remove to remove the value from the list.
To replace a value with another one:
- select the value to replace in the Values list box;
- type the new value in the Value box;
- click Replace to replace the selected value in the list with the new one.
To change the order of the list values:
- select the value to move in the Values list box;
- click Up / Down to move the value up or down within the list.