Online Documentation for SQL Manager for SQL server
Defining server permissions
This tab allows you to grant Server permissions to the login.
The Permission column contains the list of server permissions that can be granted to the login: CONNECT SQL, SHUTDOWN, CREATE ANY DATABASE, CREATE ENDPOINT, ALTER ANY LOGIN, ALTER ANY CREDENTIAL, ALTER ANY LINKED SERVER, ALTER ANY CONNECTION, etc.
Right-click a cell within the State column to grant a permission to the login. The context menu of a cell allows you to:
- grant a permission to the login;
- grant a permission (with Grant Option) to the login;
- deny a permission to the login;
- revoke a previously granted or denied permission;
- grant all permissions to the login;
- grant all permissions (with Grant Option) to the login;
- deny all permissions to the login;
- revoke all previously granted or denied permissions.