A procedure is a group of PL/SQL statements that you can call by name. A call specification (sometimes called call spec) declares a Java method or a third-generation language (3GL) routine so that it can be called from SQL and PL/SQL. The call spec tells Oracle which Java method to invoke when a call is made. It also tells the database what type conversions to make for the arguments and return value.
Procedure Editor allows you to create a new procedure, execute the existing procedure or edit its definition. It opens automatically when you create a new procedure and is available on editing an existing one.
To open a procedure in Procedure Editor, double-click it in the DB Explorer tree.
- Using Navigation bar and Toolbar
- Creating/editing procedure
- Browsing procedure parameters
- Specifying input parameters
- Executing procedure/function
- Browsing object dependencies
- Viewing DDL definition