Working with SQL Editor area
The Editor area of SQL Editor is available within the Edit tab and is provided for working with SQL queries in text mode.
For your convenience the syntax highlight, code completion and a number of other features for efficient SQL editing are implemented:
- using object links allowing you to open the object in the associated editor;
- ability to display line numbers;
- code folding for statements and clauses;
- customizable margins and gutters;
- formatting code for better representation
If necessary, you can enable/disable or customize most of SQL Editor features using the Editor Options dialog.
The example of code completion is illustrated in the picture below. You can set the delay within the Quick code section of the Editor Options dialog or activate the completion list manually by pressing the Ctrl+Space shortcut.
If necessary, you can print the SQL text of your query using the corresponding item of the context menu.