Table of contents
- Why get a license?
- What types of licenses do you provide?
- How are your products licensed?
- What is an End-User License Agreement?
- Can I upgrade my Non-commercial license to a Business license?
- Can I install a second copy of my EMS software on my portable computer?
- I need to work with several servers located on different computers, is the single license OK?
- After purchasing your components, am I allowed to distribute my software written with your components?
Why get a license?
By getting a license you become a registered user of our software and get one year Maintenance for free. Besides, within the valid Maintenance term you get primary technical support and all software updates/upgrades for free. If you purchase products that are not distributed under EMS Software Maintenance Program, you obtain free primary technical support within 12 months from the purchase date or till the next major version release, free minor software updates, and major software upgrades at 50% of the standard product price.
What types of licenses do you provide?
We provide several types of licenses:
- Business license allows use of the software by one person in a corporate, government or business environment. Registered users can access the software from more than one PC but not at the same time. Please note that if you simultaneously buy two or more Business licenses you get a significant volume discount.
- Non-commercial license allows use of the software by one person for non-commercial purposes in a non-business, non-commercial environment. Registered users can access the software from more than one PC but not at the same time. Please note that to purchase a Non-commercial license you will need to fill in the brief "Non-commercial price request" form. The processing of your request will not take more than 1 business day.
- Academic license allows using the software for educational purposes only. If you are a representative of an educational institution and you are interested in using EMS products in the teaching process,join our Education Partner Program to get a free license for EMS products.
How are your products licensed?
What is an End-User License Agreement?
The End-User License Agreement (EULA) is a contract between you and EMS that describes how you can use the software. An EULA may:
- Tell you what changes you can make to the software
- Limit your right to make copies of the software
- Allow you to transfer the software or load it on a portable device
- Tell you whether you can upgrade the software
- Grant you specific rights to use networks
Can I upgrade my Non-commercial license to a Business license?
Can I install a second copy of my EMS software on my portable computer?
I need to work with several servers located on different computers, is the single license OK?