Backup Database Wizard allows you to perform the database backup operation on your SQL Server system (the BACKUP DATABASE Transact-SQL statement is issued).
This operation is used to create a backup copy of an entire database, transaction log or files/filegroups.
To run the wizard, select the Services | Backup Database... main menu item, or right-click the database alias in the DB Explorer tree and select the Tasks | Backup Database... item of the context menu.
- Selecting database to backup
- Setting backup type and options
- Selecting database files to backup
- Selecting backup devices
- Setting schedule options
- Setting media options
- Setting advanced backup options
- Setting data transfer and/or transaction log backup options
- Running database backup