Online Documentation for SQL Manager for Oracle
A stored function (also called a user function or user-defined function) is a set of PL/SQL statements you can call by name. Stored functions are very similar to procedures, except that a function returns a value to the environment in which it is called. User functions can be used as part of a SQL expression.
Function Editor allows you to define function properties. It opens automatically when you create a new function and is available on editing an existing one.
To open a function in Function Editor, double-click it in the DB Explorer tree.
- Using Navigation bar and Toolbar
- Creating/editing function
- Browsing function parameters
- Executing procedure/function
- Browsing object dependencies
- Setting object permissions
- Viewing DDL definition