Online Documentation for SQL Manager for Oracle
A Role is a set of privileges that can be granted to users or to other roles. You can use roles to administer database privileges. You can add privileges to a role and then grant the role to a user. The user can then enable the role and exercise the privileges granted by the role.
- select the Database | New Object... main menu item;
- select Role in the Create New Object dialog;
- define role properties using the appropriate tabs of Role Editor.
To create a new role with the same properties as one of existing roles has:
- select the Database | Duplicate Object... main menu item;
- follow the instructions of Duplicate Object Wizard.
Alternatively, you can right-click a role in the DB Explorer tree and select the Duplicate Role <role_name>... context menu item.
Duplicate Object Wizard allows you to select the database to create a new role in, and to edit the result SQL statement for creating the role.
- select the role for editing in the DB Explorer tree (type the first letters of the role name for quick search);
- right-click the object and select the Edit Role <role_name> context menu item, or simply double-click the role;
- edit role properties using the appropriate tabs of Role Editor.
- select the role to drop in the DB Explorer tree;
- right-click the object and select the Drop Role <role_name>... context menu item;
- confirm dropping in the dialog window.
Note: If more convenient, you can also use the following shortcuts:
Ctrl+N to create a new role;
Ctrl+O to edit the selected role;
Shift+Del to drop the object from the database.