A Database trigger is a PSQL module that is executed when a connection-level or transaction-level event occurs.
Database triggers are used only for centralized, global operations that should be fired for the triggering statement, regardless of which user or database application issues the statement.
Note that Database triggers are only available on Firebird 2.1 and higher.
Database Trigger Editor allows you to define database trigger properties. It opens automatically when you create a new database trigger and is available on editing an existing one.
To open a database trigger in Database Trigger Editor, double-click it in the DB Explorer tree.
- Using Navigation bar and Toolbar
- Creating/editing DB Trigger
- Browsing object dependencies
- Editing object description
- Viewing object operations
- Setting object permissions
- Viewing DDL definition