Online Documentation for SQL Manager for PostgreSQL
Enabling version control
To start working with Version Control System (VCS) you need to:
- Install change management system.
The following systems are supported:
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe
- Team Foundation Server
- Create the directory for CVS and Subversion, which is a working copy of VCS (version control system) directory.
- Open the Change Management tab of the Database Registration Info dialog to check the Enabled flag.
- Create local repository for each database under version control. Press the Repository Management Wizard button to open the corresponding wizard. Use this wizard to define settings for linking database to VCS repository. Repository is a directory, where VCS stores all documents with history of its changes and other service information.
- Specify the parameters of the created repository at the Change Management tab of the database registration info dialog, or confirm autocomplete on closing the Repository management wizard.
- Confirm the changes and reconnect to the database.
You can view/edit repository connection settings within the Provider settings dialog which can be called by pressing the Properties button.