09/19/2007DB Comparer version 3.0 released
We are pleased to announce the new version of EMS DB Comparer, an excellent tool for database comparison and synchronization.
EMS DB Comparer version 3.0 is now available and can be downloaded from the download pages:
- Download DB Comparer for MySQL
- Download DB Comparer for SQL Server
- Download DB Comparer for PostgreSQL
- Download DB Comparer for IB/FB
Upgrade to DB Comparer version 3.0
The upgrade fee will normally be 50% of the standard product price.
All customers who purchased DB Comparer within 60 days of the major upgrade release are eligible for a free major upgrade. However, there is a small fee for processing the upgrade request and generating a new registration key.
We would like to bring it to your attention that from this version on the EMS DB Comparer is sold with Maintenance under EMS Software Maintenance Program (read full information on Maintenance at our Maintenance FAQ). One year of Maintenance is already included in DB Comparer for free!
What’s new in DB Comparer version 3.0
- Major improvements in comparing engine, now comparing process uses object dependencies information. The synchronization process needs much fewer manual operations.
- Redesign of User interface:
- New improved object tree
- Added grouping schemas in object tree
- Added Object Properties Viewer showing differences in objects visually
- One-click report for databases differences.
- Utility source code significantly optimized, work speed increased. Databases comparison is much faster now.
- Now the schema vs schema comparison is available. You can compare and synchronize schemas of different databases as well as on a single database (for PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle).
- Advanced filtering capabilities when selecting objects to compare/synchronize. Now you can exclude separate objects or object groups from comparison and synchronization.
- New improved SQL Editor:
- Transaction management ability
- Detailed error messages
- Easy focusing on error statements
- Added code completion feature
- Improved SSH Tunneling: (for MySQL, PostgreSQL, InterBase/Firebird, Oracle)
- Added SSH private key authentication
- Separate SSH connections to different servers
- Ability to save and print reports of databases differences. You can use built-in reports or create your own.
- Latest SQL server version support.
- Other bug-fixes and improvements.
We hope you'll enjoy working with our products!