08/21/2007Data Export version 3.0 released
We are pleased to announce a new version of EMS Data Export, a powerful tool to export your data quickly to 19 available formats, including MS Excel 97-2007, MS Access, DBF, XML, TXT, CSV, MS Word 2007, ODF and others.
EMS Data Export version 3.0 is now available and can be downloaded from the download pages:
- Download Data Export for MySQL
- Download Data Export for SQL Server
- Download Data Export for PostgreSQL
- Download Data Export for IB/FB
- Download Data Export for DB2
- Download Data Export for Oracle
Upgrade to Data Export version 3.0
The upgrade fee will normally be 50% of the standard product price.
All customers who purchased Data Export within 60 days of the major upgrade release are eligible for a free major upgrade. However, there is a small fee for processing the upgrade request and generating a new registration key.
We would like to bring it to your attention that from this version on EMS Data Export is sold with Maintenance under EMS Software Maintenance Program (read full information on Maintenance at our Maintenance FAQ). One year of Maintenance is already included in Data Export for free!
What’s new in Data Export version 3.0
- Unicode support. Now you are able to export Unicode data (from SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL databases).
- Export to new formats is available now:
- MS Excel 2007
- MS Word 2007
- Open Document Format (Open Document Text and Open Document Spreadsheet)
- Generic XML with XSD schema
- Now you can use parameters in data export queries. The parameters are prompted in interactive mode in the wizard. In the Console version query parameters can be set in the command line or prompted in interactive mode.
- Utility source code significantly optimized, work speed increased.
- Now you can select destination server (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, etc.) when exporting to SQL format. Result script will be generated in accordance with the specifications of the target server.
- Wizard window is now resizable.
- An error used to occur when exporting tables containing VARCHAR fields with the length of more than 255 symbols to MS Access. Fixed now.
- Other minor improvements and bugfixes.
We hope you'll enjoy working with our products!