05/17/2007SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQL released.
We are pleased to announce SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQL - the new major version of the powerful PostgreSQL administration and development tool!
You can download SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQL at: http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/postgresql/manager/download
You can purchase SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQL at: http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/postgresql/manager/buy
If you are a registered user of SQL Manager for PostgreSQL and you didn't receive the notification letter with upgrade instruction, please contact our Sales Department at: email@example.com
Upgrade to SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQLThe upgrade fee will normally be 50% of the standard product price.
All customers who purchased SQL Manager for PostgreSQL within 60 days of the major upgrade release are eligible for a free major upgrade. However, there is a small fee for processing the upgrade request and generating a new registration key.
We would like to bring it to your attention that from this version on the EMS SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQL is sold with Maintenance under EMS Software Maintenance Program (read full information on Maintenance at our Maintenance FAQ). One year of Maintenance is already included in EMS SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQL for free!
What's new in SQL Manager 2007 for PostgreSQL?
- Support of UTF8 data in SQL Editor, Query Builder, Grid View, Data Export/Import Wizard.
- Now you can continue working with SQL Manager while a query is being executed in SQL Editor or Query Builder or while table or view data are being loaded in the editor. A query taking too long to execute can be aborted when using PostgreSQL 8.0 and higher.
- New Database Statistics form added; it allows viewing various statistic information on database objects, helps to find weak points in database performance, indicates if it’s necessary to create new indices, etc. The corresponding options must be enabled in server configuration file (postgresql.conf.) for collecting statistics.
- All Wizards, including Data Export/Import, DB Extract, Copy DB wizards can now be run in the background mode, so that you could continue working with the program.
- New improved SQL Editor of the Visual Studio 2005 kind with Code Folding function and UNICODE support.
- Improved Data Import Wizard now allows to import data up to 10 times faster. New import formats have been added: HTML, XML Document, Open Document Format (OpenOffice), Open XML Format (MS Word 2007, MS Excel 2007).
- Support of new PostgreSQL 8.2 features is implemented:
- FILLFACTOR parameter for tables and indices
- CONNECT permission for databases
- USAGE permission for sequences
- support of CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
- ALTER TABLE [ NO ] INHERIT support
- creating domains based on other domains
- support of IF EXISTS clause in DROP operators of the Extract Database Wizard
- reassigning ownership of all objects owned by a role
Hope you will enjoy working with our software.