02/15/2007Data Comparer 2007 immediately available.
EMS Company is pleased to announce Data Comparer 2007 - the new major version of the powerful Data Comparer utility for data comparison and synchronization.
EMS Data Comparer 2007 is now available and can be downloaded from the download pages:
- Download Data Comparer for MySQL
- Download Data Comparer for SQL Server
- Download Data Comparer for PostgreSQL
- Download Data Comparer for IB/FB
Upgrade to Data Comparer 2007
The upgrade fee will normally be 50% of the standard product price.
All customers who purchased Data Comparer within 60 days of the major upgrade release are eligible for a free major upgrade. However, there is a small fee for processing the upgrade request and generating a new registration key.
We would like to bring it to your attention that starting from this version EMS Data Comparer is sold with Maintenance under EMS Software Maintenance Program (read full information on Maintenance at our Maintenance FAQ). One year of Maintenance is already included in Data Comparer for free!
What’s new in Data Comparer 2007
- Multi-threaded data comparison is implemented: several pairs of tables can be compared simultaneously, each in a separate thread. Comparison of a large number of tables is performed in a user-defined number of threads and is much quicker in this case.
- Support for NCHAR, NVARCHAR, NTEXT SQL Server data types added (Data Comparer for SQL Server).
- Support for UTF-8 encoded data implemented for MySQL and PostgreSQL (Data Comparer for MySQL, Data Comparer for PostgreSQL).
- Comparison logic has been optimized to increase synchronization speed considerably.
- Private Key support for SSH authentication implemented (Data Comparer for MySQL, Data Comparer for PostgreSQL, Data Comparer for InterBase/Firebird).
- Browsing differences in data is now more convenient: table data are displayed in separate grids which can be synchronously scrolled through.
- The opportunity to lock non-transactional MySQL tables in the process of data synchronization has been added. The synchronization result is therefore current on those servers in which table data may be modified simultaneously by different users/processes.
- Table dependencies (Foreign Keys) are taken into consideration when data modification is performed.
- Now there is an opportunity to select tables for synchronization after data comparison.
- Comparison results can be exported to Excel sheets.
- Added the ‘Fast comparison’ option which speeds up the comparison and synchronization process when applied to databases which are not modified simultaneously by different users. (Data Comparer for SQL Server).
- Search capability added in SQL Editor.
- Added the ‘Detailed error messages’ option which makes it possible to view SQL commands that have caused errors in the process of data modification.
- Enabled encrypted password storage in template files and in Windows Registry.
- Graphical user interface has become handier and friendlier.
- Fixed a number of functionality bugs and minor bugs.