12/04/2005Data Generator 2.0 immediately available!
What is EMS Data Generator?
EMS Data Generator is a powerful utility for generating test data to several database tables at once. The wizard application allows you to define tables and fields for generating data, set value ranges, generate char fields by mask, load values for BLOB fields from files, get lists of values from SQL queries and many other features to generate test data in a simple and direct way. It also provides console application, which allows you to generate data in one-touch by using generation templates.
What are key features of Data Generator 2.0?
- User-friendly wizard interface
- Six languages available: English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
- Generating data to several tables from different databases on one host.
- All data types support:
- MySQL: ENUM and SET types;
- MS SQL: UNIQUEIDENTIFIER, BIT, SQL_VARIANT and TIMESTAMP types;
- PostgreSQL: Array, Network Address and Geometric types;
- InterBase/FireBird: BIGINT in Firebird 1.5 and BOOLEAN in InterBase 7.0.
- Different generation types for each field including list, random, incremental data generation and more.
- Ability to use SQL query results as list of values for data generation.
- Automatic control over referential integrity for linked tables data generation.
- Wide variety of generation parameters for each field type.
- Ability to set NULL values for certain percent of cases.
- Possibility of saving all the generation parameters, set on current wizard session.
- Command-line utility to generate data using the template file.