08/28/2006DB Comparer version 2.2 released
We are pleased to announce new version of DB Comparer 2006 - the powerful tool for comparing SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL and InterBase/Firebird databases and discovering differences in their structure.
What's new in DB Comparer 2006 version 2.2?
- The opportunity to connect through SSH/HTTP tunnel added.
- The ability to filter analyzed objects using regular expressions added. This allows to analyze only objects you need and increases the speed of comparing and analyzing processes.
- Visual representation of definition differences implemented. Now it is clearly understandable which lines of objects definitions differ.
- The 'Hide identical objects' option added. This option allows to hide identical objects in DB Tree.
- Large databases are now compared faster.
- Ability to refresh different types of objects separately implemented. This is helpful when you synchronize databases in step-by-step style.
- Toolbar with list of working windows is added to main window.
- The 'Synchronize databases after comparing in console mode' option added. This project option allows to run console application in synchronization mode by default (without defining /E option).
- The 'Fill Table View on load' option added. This option allows to increase the speed of comparing process and decrease memory usage.
- The ability to set the default directories for grid exports and reports storage added.
- No more delays occur while navigating DB Tree with large databases.
- Passwords were not saved correctly in some cases. Fixed now.
- Procedures were not compared correctly in some cases. Fixed now.
- Functions were not compared correctly in some cases. Fixed now.
- Sometimes an error occurred while refreshing databases. Fixed now.
- The ‘Group by schemas’ option added. This option allows to group objects in DB Tree by schema/owner (SQL Server).
- Procedures containing differences in their parameters were not synchronized correctly. Fixed now. (SQL Server).
- UDFs were compared incorrectly. Fixed now (SQL Server).
- The ability to compare two schemas (including the schemas of the same database) added (PostgreSQL).
- Functions containing differences in their return types were not synchronized correctly. Fixed now (PostgreSQL).
- Altering procedures scripts were generated incorrectly. Fixed now (IB/FB).
- Views were compared with error. Fixed now (IB/FB).
- Other minor improvements and small bug-fixes.
You can download EMS DB Comparer 2006 from the following links:
DB Comparer 2006 for MySQL:
DB Comparer 2006 for PostgreSQL:
DB Comparer 2006 for SQL Server:
DB Comparer 2006 for InterBase/Firebird:
We hope you'll enjoy working with our products.