02/24/2009EMS Data Pump version 3.0 released
We are pleased to announce the new major version of EMS Data Pump - the powerful tool for converting databases and importing table data from an ADO-compatible source to SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, InterBase/Firebird, DB2 and Oracle databases.
EMS Data Pump version 3.0 is now available and can be downloaded from the download pages:
- Data Pump for MySQL
- Data Pump for SQL Server
- Data Pump for PostgreSQL
- Data Pump for IB/FB
- Data Pump for DB2
- Data Pump for Oracle
Upgrade to EMS Data Pump version 3.0
The upgrade fee will normally be 50% of the standard product price.
All customers who purchased Data Pump within 60 days of the major upgrade release are eligible for a free major upgrade. However, there is a small fee for processing the upgrade request and generating a new registration key.
We would like to bring it to your attention that from this version on the EMS Data Pump is sold with Maintenance under EMS Software Maintenance Program (read full information on Maintenance at our Maintenance FAQ). One year of Maintenance is already included in Data Pump for free!
What's new in Data Pump 3.0?
- Unicode data support is implemented.
- Source DBMS schemas support is implemented.
- Added an option allowing one to enable/disable refreshing of source objects on connection.
- Added an option identifying whether all source tables are selected by default at Step 3.
- Identifiers quoting options for the source database can be customized at Step 4 now.
- Pumping BLOB fields using ODBC drivers v5.1 for MySQL was not possible. Fixed now.
- Latest versions of the target DBMS are supported.
- Improved schema support for target databases.
- Added the possibility to clear tables before importing data.
- Added the possibility to generate DROP TABLE statements (for MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle, Firebird servers).
- Pumping of the TIME fields on OS using '.' as a separator resulted in an error. Fixed now (SQL Server).
- Implemented support of collations for tables (MySQL).
- Implemented support of Windows authentication for Oracle (Oracle).
- Using OIDs for pumped objects is now optional (PostgreSQL).
- Support of tablespaces is added (DB2).
- The wizard window is now resizable.
- The possibility to restart the wizard is added at the last step of the wizard.
- Added the possibility to specify at which step the wizard will be opened after loading a template.
- It is now possible to start data import after loading a template.
- Password encryption in templates and registry is implemented.
- Some minor bug-fixes and visual improvements.
We hope you'll enjoy working with our products!