08/03/2010SQL Manager for Oracle version 2.5 released
We are pleased to announce the new minor version of SQL Manager for Oracle - a high performance tool for Oracle database server administration and development.
You can download the newest version of SQL Manager for Oracle from the download page.
What's new in SQL Manager for Oracle 2.5?
- Added the new objects: Queue and Queue Table.
- Added the TKProf Wizard to work with TKProf program for handling trace files.
- Backup Database Wizard. The possibility to schedule the backup process is added.
- Visual Query Builder. If a file is opened, its name is displayed in the window title.
- Now SQL Manager does not execute “Alter session set …” queries under the Normal User as they used to result in the “ORA-01031: insufficient privileges” error.
- The speed of working with the object tree is increased. The work of the Normal User is optimized.
- SQL Script Editor. Added the support of the “/” delimiter for all objects.
- “Edit Local Naming Parameters” option is added to the main menu.
- Added the possibility to change the password for the Normal User.
- The work with two registered databases that had the same ServiceName caused to the “SQL command not properly ended” error if the Schema Restriction option was enabled. Fixed now.
- When importing data from the CHAR(1) field with the value of ' ' (a space), this field was imported as empty. Fixed now.
- Visual Query Builder. When pressing the Clear button, the query type was not reset to “Select”. Fixed now.
- Array Types Editor. The list of objects for quick switching was not filled. Fixed now.
- After refreshing and disconnecting from a database and closing SQL Manager, an error occurred. Fixed now.
- When moving to the Permissions tab under the Normal User, the ORA-00942 error occurred. Fixed now.
- Materialized Views.
- When creating a materialized view, an extra “;” was added to the DDL description and an error occurred. Fixed now.
- When deleting a materialized view whose editor was running, the DDL of the non-existent view was generated. Fixed now.
- When editing a function, the “There is an error in input of field…” message appeared. Fixed now.
- When trying to connect through SSH, the “ORA-01031: insufficient privileges” error occurred. Fixed now.
- When the “Hide empty schemes” option was enabled, the current user scheme was hidden if it did not contain any object. Fixed now.
- Tablespace Editor. If you did not go to the Files tab, data files were not displayed in DDL. Fixed now.
- Other small improvements and bugfixes.
We hope you’ll enjoy working with our products!