10/16/2008DB Extract version 3.0 released
We are pleased to announce the new major version of EMS DB Extract – an impressive and easy-to-use utility for creating database backups in a form of SQL scripts.
EMS DB Extract version 3.0 is now available and can be downloaded from the download pages:
- DB Extract for MySQL
- DB Extract for SQL Server
- DB Extract for PostgreSQL
- DB Extract for IB/FB
- DB Extract for DB2
- DB Extract for Oracle
Upgrade to DB Extract version 3.0
The upgrade fee will normally be 50% of the standard product price.
All customers who purchased DB Extract within 60 days of the major upgrade release are eligible for a free major upgrade. However, there is a small fee for processing the upgrade request and generating a new registration key.
We would like to bring it to your attention that from this version on EMS DB Extract is sold with Maintenance under EMS Software Maintenance Program (read full information on Maintenance at our Maintenance FAQ). One year of Maintenance is already included in DB Extract for free!
What’s new in DB Extract 3.0?
- Data extraction:
- Unicode support is implemented.
- Data extraction speed is considerably increased.
- Data from binary fields used to be extracted improperly. Fixed now (SQL Server).
- Metadata extraction:
- Unicode support in object descriptions, procedures, triggers bodies etc. is implemented.
- Support of DB Triggers (Firebird 2.1) and Journals (InterBase 2007) is implemented.
- A number of new database and server objects are supported now (SQL Server).
- The utility now supports Sheduled Events (MySQL).
- Support of Enum and Composite Types is implemented (PostgreSQL).
- Object dependencies extraction algorithm has been improved.
- Metadata extraction speed is considerably increased.
- Tables with foreign keys used to be extracted improperly. Fixed now (SQL Server).
- Support of the latest server versions:
- DB2 server versions up to 9.5 are now supported.
- Firebird server versions up to 2.1 and InterBase server version 2007 are now supported.
- SQL Server versions up to 2008 are now supported.
- MySQL server versions up to 5.1 are now supported.
- Oracle server versions up to 11 are now supported.
- PostgreSQL server versions up to 8.3 are now supported.
- File options:
- Different charsets are now available for the result file.
- Archives can now be split to volumes.
- Added the ability to append the current time, date or datetime to a path, archive, script or blob file name.
- Templates with scheduled task options used to be saved incorrectly. Fixed now.
- The WHERE clause used to be loaded improperly from a template file. Fixed now (Oracle).
- Program interface. The wizard window is now resizable.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
We hope you'll enjoy working with our products!