12/15/2010EMS SQL Manager for DB2 version 2.0 released
We are pleased to announce the new major version of SQL Manager for DB2 - a high performance tool for DB2 databases administration and development. You can download the newest version of the software from the download page.
What's new in SQL Manager for DB2 2.0?
- Added the Version control (VC) functionality to the Compile Form, SQL Editor, SQL Script, Query Builder and object editors.
- Added VC facilities: Create tag wizard, Check repository wizard, Get change script wizard, Version History.
- Database Registration. The database name can now contain up to 18 characters depending on the OS type.
- When creating a query plan, EXPLAIN tables are now created or recreated in a database if they are absent or incomplete.
- Data Frame, creation of tables. Such default field values as CURRENT DATE, CURRENT TIME, CURRENT TIMESTAMP are processed correctly now.
- Data Frame.
- Fixed the errors occurred when counting the number of records returned by some queries.
- When closing a frame with a dataset opened for editing, the changes are now canceled.
- DB2 Check Editor. The OK button did not become available after the correct filling of the check body. Fixed now.
- Indices Editor. Sometimes an AV occurred on editing indices. Fixed now.
- DB2 console. Added the possibility to clear the results of execution.
- Package Editor. When creating a new package, optimization profile options were available even if the profile was disabled. Fixed now.
- SQL Editor, SQL Script. The work with comments within the bodies of procedures, functions, views and outside of their bodies is improved.
- Object Inspector. Added the possibility to create SUID procedures from tables and views; views from tables and functions that return tables.
- The Report Designer is now opened in the MDI window.
- The working of Help services in the report editors is fixed.
- Visual Database Designer.
- The functioning of the Undo/Redo commands for working with several objects at once is improved.
- The shortcuts Ctrl+Z and Shift+Ctrl+Z are added for the Undo and Redo commands.
- Other minor improvements and bug-fixes.
Hope you will enjoy working with our products!