08/25/2008SQL Manager for Oracle version 2.0 released
We are pleased to announce the new major version of EMS SQL Manager 2008 for Oracle - the powerful graphical tool for Oracle Database development and administration. Its easy-to-use graphical interface and a lot of features will make your work with Oracle Database as easy as it can be! Unicode Data Support added!
You can download the newest version of SQL Manager 2008 for Oracle at:
All registered users of SQL Manager for Oracle with valid Maintenance term can get the new version for free by updating their current version through SQL Manager main menu Help/SQL Manager 2008 Direct.
Registered users of SQL Manager for Oracle whose Maintenance term has expired will be able to receive the product’s new version as soon as they renew their Maintenance contract (for more information see Maintenance FAQ).
All registered users of SQL Management Studio for Oracle can get the new Studio version of SQL Manager for Oracle for free by updating their copy of SQL Studio through SQL Studio Direct service (Navigate/SQL Studio Direct main menu item).
What's new in SQL Manager for Oracle 2.0?
- Support of partitioned tables and indexes, as well as Oracle Database 11g new features: system and reference partitioning.
- Added the PL/SQL Profiler, a very powerful tool for profiling existing PL/SQL applications and identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Added Database Alerts, a very powerful tool for performing a series of check alerts on a selected database and displaying the results in real-time.
- Support of Oracle 11g new features: compress tables, OLAP tables, read-only/read-write tables, invisible indexes, compound triggers, triggers with FOLLOWS clause, virtual columns and many others.
- Support of Unicode in SQL Editor, Query Builder, Grid View, Import/Export Data wizards.
- All wizards, including Import/Export Data wizards, Extract Database wizard, Backup/Restore Database wizards run in the background mode now, allowing the user to continue working with the program.
- New advanced SQL Editor of the Visual Studio kind with Code Folding, Unicode support, code completion, syntax highlight and other useful features.
- Enhanced Data Import Wizard - now data can be imported up to 10 times faster; also added support of the following source file formats: HTML, XML Document, Open Document Format (ODF), Open XML Format (MS Word 2007, MS Excel 2007).
- The Permissions tab is added to object editors, making it possible to grant privileges for objects to users and groups.
- DB Explorer is improved: added a menu for generation of common SQL statements for database objects (Script to SQL Editor, Script to Clipboard) - it is now possible to get CREATE, ALTER, DROP, SELECT statements for each database object.
- Now it is possible to save frequently used queries within the Favorite Queries node of the DB Explorer; Favorite Queries can be stored either locally in Windows Registry (in this case they are only available for local users), or in a special table of the database (therefore, the queries can be accessed by all database users).
- Improved Data Export Wizard: now it works faster; several output file formats are added: XML Document, Open Document Format (ODF), Open XML Format (MS Word 2007, MS Excel 2007).
- The Find Option tool is added to the Options menu which allows easily find the necessary option by a word or phrase present in the option name among all program options forms.
- Enhanced reports management system.
- The Visual Database Designer is improved: a new diagram object – Comment – is added; now there is a possibility to select the specification level of displaying objects (only object names, only fields).
- Connection parameters as well as Data options that influence the database performance speed have been moved to the Database Registration information window and can be set individually for each database for maximum convenience.
- Lots of other improvements and bug-fixes.
We hope you’ll enjoy working with our products!