07/12/2011SQL Manager for SQL Server version 3.7 released
We are pleased to announce the new minor version of SQL Manager for SQL Server - a powerful tool for developing and administering MS SQL Server databases. You can download the newest version of the software from the download page.
What's new in SQL Manager for SQL Server 3.7?
- Added the support of ANSI_NULLS and QUOTED_IDENTIFIER options for procedures, functions, views, table triggers, database triggers и server triggers.
- Aggregate Editor. Added the possibility to create/edit aggregates with several parameters (SQL Server 2008).
- Full-Text Catalog Editor. Added the possibility to create full-text indexes for the indexed views.
- DB Explorer.
- Now searching with the toolbar "Search" is possible by both expanded and collapsed tree nodes.
- In the script generated by the “Script to …” command, the declarations of variables for the return value and output parameters are added to the stored procedure.
- Editor Options. The maximum value for the “Right margin position” field is increased.
- SQL Editor.
- Some national characters could not be displayed. Fixed now.
- After making a replacement using the "Replace Text " dialog, in some cases it was not possible to close the end of operation message. Fixed now.
- In SQL Server 2000 when opening the “Code Completion” option for the text '<database name>.<schema name>.', the “Invalid object name 'sys.schemas'" error occurred. Fixed now.
- Data View.
- In some cases the presence of sublevels caused the "The component with name XXX already exists" error. Fixed now.
- Some national characters were not displayed in the "Find" field. Fixed now.
- If there was a national character in the column header, the data in this column were displayed as null. Fixed now.
- If the active view is a sublevel, changing the "Record Limit" value caused AV error. Fixed now.
- Server Roles. Opening the form greatly increased CPU usage of the program. Fixed now.
- Export/Import Data. In some cases when importing/ exporting data to/from the xlsx and docx files in Windows 7, an error occurred. Fixed now.
- Export Data as SQL Script. Now when creating an SQL script for SQL Server, the constraint definitions of the table are added to the result script in table DDL.
- UDF Editor.
- The table type parameters were not displayed on the Parameters tab. Fixed now.
- The size of the function return value was not displayed in DDL. Fixed now.
- Procedure Editor. The parameter default values were not displayed for SQL procedures on the Parameters tab. Fixed now.
- If the default object was assigned to the table field, the table scheme was not specified in the EXEC sp_bindefault command in table DDL. Fixed now.
- Server Properties. If opening the form caused an error, AV error occurred instead of the error message. Fixed now.
- Queue Editor. When editing/deleting a queue, generated in the non-current scheme, the scheme name was not added to the script and an error occurred. Fixed now.
- Field Editor. It was not possible to set "precision 0" for the TIME type (SQL Server 2008). Fixed now.
- Duplicate Object Wizard. When duplicating a value to another scheme, in some cases the scheme name was not substituted in the script. Fixed now.
- Aggregate Editor. If a parameter or a return type of the aggregate was UDT, when opening this aggregate, the corresponding field in the editor was empty. Fixed now.
- If during the disconnection from the database the request to save data in any open form of the program is occurred, clicking the Cancel button caused the AV error. Fixed now.
- If the current Windows locale uses a multi byte encoding (e.g. Chinese), when using national characters in the object names, the name was truncated on saving the object. Fixed now.
- Some other improvements and bugfixes.
We hope you’ll enjoy working with our software.