06/23/2010SQL Manager for SQL Server version 3.6 released
We are pleased to announce the new minor version of SQL Manager for SQL Server - a powerful tool for developing and administering MS SQL Server databases. You can download the newest version of the software from the download page.
What's new in SQL Manager for SQL Server 3.6?
- SQL Editor.
- Now the number of affected records is displayed for each batch statement.
- If a query returns multiple recordsets, the number of records is now displayed for every recordset.
- Data of FOR XML queries were displayed incorrectly if the data were presented as elements. Fixed now.
- Labels in the procedures were considered as parameters during execution. Fixed now.
- For certain types of queries returning multiple recordsets, the export of the second and subsequent recordsets worked incorrectly. Fixed now.
- The varchar and text fields data that contained national alphabet characters were sorted incorrectly. Fixed now.
- Info messages were sometimes not displayed during repeated execution on SQL Server 2000. Fixed now.
- Sometimes the run-time timer did not stop after the execution. Fixed now.
- Table and View editors, Data tab. Now the editing of the new datetime types values is possible with the input mask and the drop-down calendar.
- Table Editor, Data tab.
- The width of the uniqueidentifier fields has been enlarged in the Form View.
- On Windows 7 the grid was resized incorrectly after resizing of the form. Fixed now.
- The grid level disappeared if the grid level was added and then the Refresh command was executed. Fixed now.
- The “Set to Empty String” command did not work for varchar (max) fields. Fixed now.
- When pressing Fetch All in tables with large number of records, the records were loaded slowly. Fixed now.
- Extract Database.
- When extracting a table with the filestream field, the incorrect script was generated: the data were inserted before the creation of the unique key, which caused an error. Fixed now.
- In some cases the commands of indexes creation were duplicated in the result script. Fixed now.
- Activity Monitor. The text is highlighted now in the SQL Text dialogue.
- During the text input some national characters were replaced by question marks in the grid and SQL editor. Fixed now.
- Query Builder. The query containing a clause or a value in brackets in the TOP was not parsed. Fixed now.
- Windows toolbar. The switching between windows worked incorrectly if a large number of windows were opened. Fixed now.
- When renaming the procedure without recompiling its body, the old name was displayed in the DDL. Fixed now.
- In some cases, the extra brackets in field default values were cut off incorrectly. Fixed now.
- In some cases constraint names autogenerated by the Server were displayed in table DDL. Fixed now.
- Procedure Editor. If the data export was launched after executing a procedure which returned the recordset, the Missing SQL property error occurred. Fixed now.
- Now it is possible to change the columns width on the Permissions tab of the objects editors.
- Table Editor. If on the DDL tab the filestream option and a constrained were set for the field, the erroneous SQL was created. Fixed now.
- Indices Management. When working with SQL Server 2000, empty strings could appear in the index list if the selected table contained the statistics objects. Fixed now.
- Table Editor. The statistics objects were displayed in the index list in SQL Server 2000. Fixed now.
- Other minor improvements and bug-fixes.
We hope you’ll enjoy working with our software.