11/28/2007SQL Manager 2008 for SQL Server released!
We are pleased to announce SQL Manager 2008 for SQL Server - the new major version of the powerful SQL Server administration and development tool!
You can download SQL Manager 2008 for SQL Server at: http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/mssql/manager/download
You can purchase SQL Manager 2008 for SQL Server at: http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/mssql/manager/buy
If you are a registered user of SQL Manager for SQL Server and you didn't receive the notification letter with upgrade instruction, please contact our Sales Department at: email@example.com
Upgrade to SQL Manager 2008 for SQL Server
The upgrade fee will normally be 50% of the standard product price.
All customers who purchased SQL Manager for SQL Server within 60 days of the major upgrade release are eligible for a free major upgrade. However, there is a small fee for processing the upgrade request and generating a new registration key.
We would like to bring it to your attention that from this version on the EMS SQL Manager 2008 for SQL Server is sold with Maintenance under EMS Software Maintenance Program (read full information on Maintenance at our Maintenance FAQ). One year of Maintenance is already included in EMS SQL Manager 2008 for SQL Server for free!
What's new in SQL Manager 2008 for SQL Server?
- Several new tools for working with the server are added: Server Log Viewer, Activity Monitor, Shrink Database wizard, Check Database wizard, Indices management and Update statistics wizards, server roles management.
- Implemented support for a number of additional SQL Server capabilities:
- support of symmetric keys, asymmetric keys, certificates;
- support of full-text catalogs and full-text indices;
- support of server DDL triggers;
- support of endpoints;
- support of database snapshots;
- support of shared schedules, proxies and target servers in jobs;
- support of new login properties, such as password policy, enable/disable; creating Logins by certificates and asymmetric keys; capability of mapping logins to database users in Login Editor; assigning credentials to SQL Server Logins.
- Support of Unicode in SQL Editor, Query Builder, Grid View, Import/Export Data wizards.
- All wizards, including Import/Export Data wizards, Extract Database wizard, Backup/Restore Database wizards run in background mode now, allowing the user to continue working with the program.
- New advanced SQL Editor of the Visual Studio 2005 kind with Code Folding, UNICODE support, code completion, syntax highlight and other useful features.
- Enhanced Data Import Wizard - now data can be imported up to 10 times faster; also added support of the following source file formats: HTML, XML Document, Open Document Format (ODF), Open XML Format (MS Word 2007, MS Excel 2007).
- The Permissions tab is added to object editors, making it possible to grant privileges for objects to users and groups.
- DB Explorer is improved in several respects:
- added a menu for generation of common SQL statements for database objects (Script to SQL Editor, Script to Clipboard) - it is now possible to get CREATE, ALTER, DROP, SELECT statements for each database object;
- DB Explorer displays server objects (objects of the server level) as well;
- object status (e.g. enabled/disabled) is indicated by corresponding icons;
- the Tasks submenu is added to the context menu, items of the submenu provide access to basic operations that can be performed over the selected object;
- added the search bar that allows you to quickly find the necessary objects.
- Now it is possible to save frequently used queries within the Favorite Queries node of DB Explorer; Favorite Queries can be stored either locally in Windows Registry (in this case they are only available for local users), or in a special table of the database (therefore, the queries can be accessed by all database users).
- Enhanced Visual Database Designer: a new diagram object (Comment) is added; now there is a possibility to select the specification level for displaying objects (only object names, only fields); when doing Reverse Engineering you can select schemas to add their tables to the diagram.
- Improved Data Export Wizard: now it works faster; several output file formats are added: XML Document, Open Document Format (ODF), Open XML Format (MS Word 2007, MS Excel 2007).
- Advanced Table Editor: a possibility to view and edit table properties within a separate tab is added.
- The Find Option tool is added to the Options menu which allows easily find the necessary option by a word or phrase present in the option name among all program options forms.
- Enhanced reports management system.
- It is now possible to execute functions directly in the Function Editor window.
- Extract Database wizard: object dependencies are now handled correctly.
- Backup/Restore Database wizards: implemented support of several additional backup/restore parameters applied to SQL Server 2005 (copy-only backup, verify backup when finished, checksum support).
- Lots of other improvements and bug-fixes.
Hope you will enjoy working with our software.