03/07/2007Data Import v.3.0 released
We are pleased to announce new version of EMS Data Import, a powerful tool to import your data quickly from MS Excel 97-2007, MS Access, DBF, XML, TXT, CSV, MS Word 2007, ODF and HTML files.
EMS Data Import version 3.0 is now available and can be downloaded from the download pages:
- Download Data Import for MySQL
- Download Data Import for SQL Server
- Download Data Import for PostgreSQL
- Download Data Import for IB/FB
- Download Data Import for DB2
Upgrade to Data Import version 3.0
The upgrade fee will normally be 50% of the standard product price.
All customers who purchased Data Import within 60 days of the major upgrade release are eligible for a free major upgrade. However, there is a small fee for processing the upgrade request and generating a new registration key.
We would like to bring it to your attention that from this version on the EMS Data Import is sold with Maintenance under EMS Software Maintenance Program (read full information on Maintenance at our Maintenance FAQ). One year of Maintenance is already included in Data Import for free!
What’s new in Data Import version 3.0
- The new “Native” method of import is added which includes two algorithms – Single Commands and Batch Insert. Single Commands mode serves to generate and execute single SQL commands on the server; whereas Batch Insert uses native commands for a particular server: BULK INSERT (SQL Server), LOAD DATA INFILE (MySQL) and COPY (PostgreSQL). With the help of Native mode your data can be imported dozen (!) times faster compared to Universal mode which was used in the previous versions.
- Unicode support. Now you are able to import Unicode data (for SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Import from new formats is available now:
- MS Excel 2007
- MS Word 2007
- Generic XML
- Open Document Format (Open Document Text and Open Document Spreadsheet)
- Now there is a short field type description next to field names that appear in different lists. This option is enabled by default. When necessary, it can be disabled from Tools>Preferences.
- Utility source code significantly optimized, work speed increased.
- Identity fields support implemented (for SQL Server).
- Ability to import data from text files containing TAB symbols as a separator is added.
- Other small improvements and bugfixes.