10/09/2012EMS SQL Manager for DB2 version 2.1 released
We are pleased to announce the new minor version of SQL Manager for DB2 - a high performance tool for DB2 databases administration and development. You can download the newest version of the software from the download page.
What's new in SQL Manager for DB2 2.1?
- Implemented the Project management - with virtual databases that do not require connection to the server:
- Added the the Project Interaction Wizard;
- Added the Projects settings;
- Added the "Projects" tab in the Object Inspector;
- Now all object editors work with both ordinary database objects and project objects;
- Improved the Visual Database Designer (VDBD): now it creates a project, to which the objects from the connected databases or other projects, or objects created in the VDBD, can be added;
- Added the possibility to cancel the last actions on objects in the Projects;
- Projects are now supported by the DB2 Manager Wizards, which work with Object metadata: i.e. HTML Report Wizard, Print Metadata Wizard, Duplicate Objects Wizard, etc.
- Added the Database Comparer Wizard to synchronize database structures.
- Now XML files of the objects are saved in VDBD diagram.
- Added the possibility to move tabs along the Open windows panel using a mouse.
- In the Privilege Manager now it is possible to select a cell range using the SHIFT key, and to apply the privileges to the whole selected range at once.
- Version control. In the history of the object changes now it is possible to view/compare the executed script or object metadata.
- In all the wizards at the next opening the value of the "Close the Wizard after successful completion" checkbox is saved.
- Changed the icons of some services.
- Some other improvements and bugfixes.
Hope you will enjoy working with our products!