09/02/2008EMS SQL Manager 2008 for Oracle released
New York, United States (August, 2008) – EMS Database Management Solutions, Inc., one of the leaders in database administration software development releases EMS SQL Manager 2008 for Oracle.
“We are pleased to announce the new major version of EMS SQL Manager 2008 for Oracle - the powerful graphical tool for Oracle Database development and administration. Its easy-to-use graphical interface and a lot of features will make the work with Oracle Database as easy as it can be!" said Vladimir Sokolov, President and CEO of EMS.
"We keep the development of our Oracle products on a high profile and the release of SQL Manager 2008 for Oracle is an essential step forward to achieve most productivity and compliance with Oracle standards," said Ivan Proshechkin, the Technical Director of EMS.
What's new in SQL Manager for Oracle 2.0?
- Support of partitioned tables and indexes, as well as Oracle Database 11g new features: system and reference partitioning.
- Added the PL/SQL Profiler, a very powerful tool for profiling existing PL/SQL applications and identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Added Database Alerts, a very powerful tool for performing a series of check alerts on a selected database and displaying the results in real-time.
- Support of Oracle 11g new features: compress tables, OLAP tables, read-only/read-write tables, invisible indexes, compound triggers, triggers with FOLLOWS clause, virtual columns and many others.
- Support of Unicode in SQL Editor, Query Builder, Grid View, Import/Export Data wizards.
- All wizards, including Import/Export Data wizards, Extract Database wizard, Backup/Restore Database wizards run in the background mode now, allowing the user to continue working with the program.
- New advanced SQL Editor of the Visual Studio kind with Code Folding, Unicode support, code completion, syntax highlight and other useful features.
- Enhanced Data Import Wizard - now data can be imported up to 10 times faster; also added support of the following source file formats: HTML, XML Document, Open Document Format (ODF), Open XML Format (MS Word 2007, MS Excel 2007).
- The Permissions tab is added to object editors, making it possible to grant privileges for objects to users and groups.
- DB Explorer is improved: added a menu for generation of common SQL statements for database objects (Script to SQL Editor, Script to Clipboard) - it is now possible to get CREATE, ALTER, DROP, SELECT statements for each database object.
- Now it is possible to save frequently used queries within the Favorite Queries node of the DB Explorer; Favorite Queries can be stored either locally in Windows Registry (in this case they are only available for local users), or in a special table of the database (therefore, the queries can be accessed by all database users).
- Improved Data Export Wizard: now it works faster; several output file formats are added: XML Document, Open Document Format (ODF), Open XML Format (MS Word 2007, MS Excel 2007).
- The Find Option tool is added to the Options menu which allows easily find the necessary option by a word or phrase present in the option name among all program options forms.
- Enhanced reports management system.
- The Visual Database Designer is improved: a new diagram object – Comment – is added; now there is a possibility to select the specification level of displaying objects (only object names, only fields).
- Connection parameters as well as Data options that influence the database performance speed have been moved to the Database Registration information window and can be set individually for each database for maximum convenience.
- Lots of other improvements and bug-fixes.
You can download the newest version of SQL Manager 2008 for Oracle at:
EMS (Electronic Microsystems) was founded in 1993 and specializes in producing high quality and rich functionality database administration tools and utility applications for data management (www.sqlmanager.net). During its lifetime EMS has brought many innovations to the database management market, often setting the world standard for DBA tools. By incorporating unique features, EMS offers the developers practical and helpful tools to create and administer their applications effectively. With more than 5,000 active customers worldwide and with more than 10,000 registered downloads per month, EMS tools are the most known and used tools within this market segment. EMS is a MySQL Gold Certified Partner, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Oracle Partner, Borland Technology Partner and CodeGear Technology Partner.