Tablespaces are objects used for providing disk space to store tables. Tablespace can store one or several files.
Note: Tablespace can be created only on a cluster server.
Note: Log file groups and Tablespaces share the same namespace. This means that each object must be uniquely named to avoid name conflict.
To create tablespace
- select the Database | New Object item of the main menu, then select server objects in the appeared window and pick Tablespace;
- select the Tablespaces | New Log file group... context menu item in the database explorer;
- press <Ctrl+N>, then select server objects in the appeared window and pick Tablespace.
Newly created object is automatically opened in Tablespace Editor.
There is a specific wizard for duplicating objects. To copy tablespace use the Duplicate Tablespace <tablespace_name> item from the context menu. Duplicate object wizard in this case will be opened at the Selecting destination database, as the previous ones provide selecting of source database and object to copy.
To edit tablespace:
- right-click a tablespace in DBExplorer and select the Edit Tablespace <tablespace_name> item from the context menu.
To drop tablespace:
- right-click a tablespace in the DBExplorer and select the Drop Tablespace <tablespace_name> item;
- select a tablespace and press Ctrl+Del.