04/07/2002QuickDesk 2.7 released.
What's new in QuickDesk 2.7?
1. Export Data Dialog was upgraded to a newer version of QuickExport Component Suite (see http://www.ems-hitech.com/quickexport/ to learn more about these components).
Here is a short list of new export features:
- a possibility of restricting the number of exported records was added;
- the appearance of the Export Dialog was improved;
- a possibility of changing the order of the exported columns was added;
- a lot of features to the Excel export was added: now you can define font, color, borders, fill, etc. for each column of the spreadsheet, and define an aggregate function for each field;
- now it's possible to define page orientation in export to RTF file;
- now it's possible to set the column alignments in export to HTML, TXT or RTF file;
- and more... (see URL above) (*)
2. QuickDesk Direct feature was added. Now you can easily check for QuickDesk updates and download the latest version right from the application. Use "Help->QuickDesk Direct" menu item to open the QuickDesk Direct window and click the Update button to receive the latest information about QuickDesk.
3. Sorting modes were added to the Code Completion popup list of the SQL Editor. Now you can choose how the items should be sorted in the list: alphabetically by name or by the item scope (SQL keywords, table, view, procedure etc.). Just right-click on the list to call the local menu and switch the sorting mode.
Coloring of the scope categories was also added to the Code Completion list. To enable or disable this feature just check or uncheck the "Use colors for different object types" option on the Quick Code page of the Editor Options dialog.
4. Restore Database Wizard: now it is possible to register database right after restoring. Check option "Register after restoring" on the first step of the wizard, set your username and password, and your database will be registered after restore.
5. Register Database Dialog: now alias is set automatically depending on the database filename. If there are no registered databases on QuickDesk launch, Register Database Dialog appears automatically.
6. Now you can disable commit and/or rollback confirmations in SQL Editor and Table Editor. Just uncheck options "Confirm transaction commit" and "Confirm transaction rollback" on the first page of the Environment Options.
7. Fixed a bug with printing diagrams in the Database Designer. (*)
8. The dependencies of stored procedures are recompiled properly now.
9. Precompiling of triggers and stored procedures can be disabled now. Uncheck option "Parse text of stored procedures and triggers before compiling" on the Tools page of the Environment Options.
10. Import Data Wizard: fixed bug with column selection (now columns are selected from СAZТ to СBAТ). (*)
11. Visual Query Builder: now the most recent query is loaded properly on new Query Builder session if one of the tables, used in the query, was dropped. (*)
12. Some small improvements and minor bugfixes.
(*) -- Professional Edition only